11 Best Pizza Peels For 2021
Our Pizza Peels adventure start from here
If you’ve ever been in the kitchen of a pizza parlor, you’ve probably seen the large paddle-like devices the pros use to move pizzas from the prep counter to the oven and back out of the oven again. These are called “baking peels” or “pizza peels,” and they are an indispensable tool when making homemade pizza on your stone or grill.
Though we are going to mainly focus on Wooden peels that are made of either wood or bamboo and have a finish that is easy to clean and allows doughs to slide right off. The main negatives with wooden peels are that they tend to scratch easily, and they are usually thicker, which makes it harder for you to slide the peel under your pizza when it’s time to remove it. Metal peels usually have an aluminum paddle or blade that is thin enough to easily slide between the pizza and the pizza stone for quick removal. The handle is typically made of wood so it won’t heat up too quickly and potentially burn your hands.
The biggest drawback with metal peels is that raw dough tends to stick to the blade, which can be a hassle when unloading your creation into the oven. In our research, we found experienced home pizza makers sometimes own a wooden peel for putting the pizza into the oven and a metal one for taking it out. You might consider doing the same if you have plenty of kitchen space and love making pizza. Keep in mind that all of the peels we researched required at least a light dusting of flour or cornmeal to help the raw dough slide off.
Our guide features peels that are easy to use, make unloading baked goods and removing them from the oven effortless, and have a track record of durability. Munching on a delicious slice of pizza is one of the best things in the world, but you would come to know that crafting your own dream pizza customized with your favorite toppings, and with the precise thickness of the crust that you desire can be a more rewarding experience than ordering a pizza from the nearest pizza place.
Not only is making your own pizza at home more fun and a great way to spend quality time with your friends and family, but it is also much healthier than having ordered pizzas since you have full control over the type and freshness of the ingredients you are using. So let’s imagine you have decided to make your own pizzas at home and to master the skills of pizza making. You have your ingredients, a pizza stone, a great oven, and a lot of passion and enthusiasm. But something is missing, without which your pizza-making experience will forever remain incomplete and that is a pizza spatula.
A pizza peel is a kitchen tool shaped like a shovel which is essential for sliding your pizza in and out of the oven. If you have done a little research on how to make a pizza, you will know that the pizza has to be turned while it is inside the oven to make sure that all sides of the pizza are consistently baked. This requires you to take the pizza out from the oven, from time to time during its cooking process, turn it, and put it back in. This is impossible to do efficiently without using a pizza peel.
Also, the temperature inside the oven while the pizza is cooking is quite high, which is usually 450 to 500 degrees F, which is enough to cause significant burns. Moreover, a pizza peel’s use is not limited to making pizzas but you can use them when baking bread, pastries, etc. Once you set out on your journey to find the perfect pizza peel, you might find yourself to be overwhelmed by the sheer number and type of pizza peels that are available on the market.
There are pizza peels made of different materials such as wood, aluminum, steel, etc., which can vary greatly in shape, size, weight, the design of the handle, and so on. To make the choosing process easier for you, we have compiled in this article some of the best pizza peels that you can find on the market today, along with a quick comparison among these products and also a discussion on each of their individual strengths and weaknesses. So before you get too hungry for a pizza, let’s read on and find out the pizza spatula that is the most suitable one for you!
- MULTI-PURPOSE FUNCTIONALITY: Our premium, bamboo wooden pizza peel and...
- NON-TOXIC, ECO-FRIENDLY, FULLY CERTIFIED: Our wooden pizza peel paddles and...
- PERFECT SIZE: Our XL Extra Large Size has a total length from the tip of...
- THE FREDERICA TRADING TOUCH: The Frederica Trading brand is known for the...
- STURDY: If you've ever tried removing a pizza with a flimsy plastic...
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This pizza peel is proof of the fact that outstanding kitchen tools are the result of thoughtful design, a sincere passion, and the determination to create a tool that offers previously non-existent exceptional durability, user-friendliness, and appearance. The founders of Pizza Royale strived for a long time until they could find the right material and the design for this pizza peel.
The unique material that is used. Pizza peels can also be a breeding ground for bacteria since they frequently come into contact with starch and water, but with the anti-microbial properties of bamboo, you and your family will be better protected against any form of bacterial contamination. Since it is made of bamboo, this pizza peel has the aesthetic appearance of wood, but is lighter than wood, making it easier for you to lift up the peel and maneuver it according to your needs.
Bamboo has no toxic effects on the food being cooked on it, unlike many other synthetic materials, and is also environmentally friendly, giving you the peace of mind that you are using a product that does not raise ethical questions. The design of this pizza peel is another key factor that makes it stand out from the others.
It has a surface area that is large enough for comfortably making pizzas but also is of a size that will fit most home baking ovens. The handle has been ergonomically contoured to give you a secure, comfortable grip. The edges of the peel have been tapered so that it can easily slide under the pizzas in your oven and can also let the pizzas slide off the peel to your plate. Not only is this peel great for handling pizzas in the oven but you can use it as a cutting board for cheese, bread, etc.
- It is made of bamboo which is a unique material with exceptional qualities
- It is resistant against deformation due to humidity, being chipped or splintered
- It has the aesthetic appearance of wood but is a lot lighter
- It has a surface area that is large enough but is not too large so that it can fit home ovens
- The handle is shaped to give you a comfortable and firm grip
- Bamboo has antimicrobial properties and it is also eco-friendly which makes it a great product in ethical aspects
- Its edges have been tapered so that it can easily slide under the pizzas and help you pick the pizza up from the baking stone
- The handle is not too long so if you have a very big oven where you have to reach deep into the oven, then this might be too short for you
- Safely place pizza far back in the hottest section of the oven
- Can also be used with bread, pastries or vegetables
- Swivel handle breaks peel down for easier storage
- Heavy-duty, long-lasting aluminum
- Dimensions: Carrying surface measures 12 x 14-inches
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you are looking for a pizza peel that is easy to use and requires low maintenance work, then this is a great peels pizza that you should definitely look into. As the paddle of this pizza peel is made of aluminum, it conducts heat faster and helps in creating the perfect crisp outer crust of your pizzas. The aluminum paddle is also faster and easier to dry, unlike wooden paddles which require air drying. Aluminum is more durable than wood and has the added advantage of being lighter than steel, making it a great material for pizza peels.
The handle of the peel is made. The handle is also 8 inches long, which helps you to reach into the parts of the oven’s interior which are too hot to be reached by using only hands. The wide surface of the paddle provides you enough space for holding your pizzas, while the thin edges make it easier for the peel to slide under the pizza, preserving its smooth texture and shape. The handle is angled to give you a hinge point, which makes it easier for you to move the peel and to pick up the pizza using it.
- The paddle part is made of aluminum which allows even spreading of heat and allows it to last long even with a low maintenance
- The paddle has a large surface area for holding your pizza
- The handle is made of wood which stays cool when the peel is in the oven, keeping your hand safe from heat and giving you a comfortable grip
- The handle is angled to give you a hinge point, allowing you to control the peel easily
- Aluminum peel is lighter than steel, making it a great material to be used by beginners
- The handle does not have a hole for hanging the peel to dry.
Its blade keeps the peel balanced and makes it easy to maneuver your pies. Wooden peels, like this, are superior to steel peels in that they easily slide under.
This saves you time and helps you balance the pizza when loading and unloading.
your hands back from the heat of the oven. Its wooden handle is also comfortable to hold.
There are some other great pizza peels. this peels pizza made of ethically sourced acacia wood. If you are highly conscious about food safety, then you can have complete peace of mind using this pizza peel as it contains no toxic coating with synthetic materials, instead, it has been treated with mineral oil that has been graded as safe to be used with food ingredients.
The mineral oil coating and the high-quality acacia wood give the surface of the paddle a smooth, polished surface without making it greasy, which means your pizza dough will not stick to the surface and retain its smooth texture throughout the baking process.
The edges of this peel pizza are gently sloped, which allows the pizza to be smoothly swooped up from the baking stone, without destroying it or causing it to fall off. The handle has been shaped ergonomically to allow you a comfortable grip which will help you in maneuvering the pizza peels in any way you want.
- It is made of acacia wood which makes it appear elegant and traditional
- The pizza peel has been coated only with health-friendly mineral oil and does not contain any synthetic or toxic chemical coating
- The handle is contoured ergonomically to give you a comfortable grip
- The handle is comparatively short so if you want to reach very deep into your oven then this might not be the best pizza peel to use
- Since it is made of wood, it red
The Neapolitan small turning peel has been designed to meet the needs of pizza makers who make pizza in the Neapolitan style, in traditional Neapolitan wood ovens that reach 500 degrees and cook a large number of pizzas.
You just lightly dust the cloth with flour, move the slider forward, put the edge of the pizza on the lip of the peel, and push the peel forward as you pull back on the slider.it can be removed and placed in the washing machine. Just be sure to let it air dry so it doesn’t shrink. The peel itself is made of a strong dishwasher-safe composite that won’t crack or warp.
Its beveled edge helps it easily slide under pizzas. With the cloth on, you do lose some dexterity if you’re rotating or adjusting your pies mid-bake, so we recommend that you take it off to manipulate things while they cook.
Effortlessly transfers uncooked pizza from peel to stone, durable, makes it easy to remove pizza from the oven, the peel is dishwasher safe, the cloth is washable
Expensive has a bit of a learning curve
- Our stylish pizza paddle is hewn from beautiful acacia wood & sanded to a...
- Crafted with an ergonomic tapered edge, our pizza board helps scoop pizza...
- With a long handle to fit both hands, this pizza peel offers easy...
- Our 22"x14" pizza boards are ideal for a home-made 12", thick enough not to...
- This durable wooden pizza board makes an attractive and essential...
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
According to founder Michael Teck, one of the benefits of the Heritage Acacia Wood Pizza Peel is you can “create a charcuterie board and place it in front of your smug in-law.” Regardless of the over-the-top marketing copy and your relationship with your in-laws, this peel really does have an attractive design and is functional for charcuterie as well as moving your pizzas from the counter to the oven and back.
The beveled edge is about an eighth of an inch thick, which is flat enough to wedge between the pizza and your stone for removal from the oven. To clean, you wash the peel by hand with warm, soapy water and let it air dry. Hence you want it not only to be a useful tool but also a classic piece that can contribute to the aesthetics of your kitchen decor.
This pizza peel is one such product that will impress anyone who looks at it proudly hanging on your kitchen wall. It is made of a special kind of wood called Acacia, whose lovely, polished appearance has gained it a special place in the making of home furniture.
Not only is it visually pleasing, but it also feels smooth in your hand and is highly durable, if it is taken care of in the proper way. The paddle of this peel comes in a size that is large enough to hold your homemade pizzas but also is not too large so that you can control it with ease. The thickness of the peel has been adjusted so that it is resistant to warping but is thin enough so that it can smoothly move under the pizza in your oven.
Since the handle is also made of acacia wood, it stays cool during the baking process, keeping your hand protected from the heat of the oven. The edges of the paddle have been tapered to ensure that your pizzas can be easily swooped up from the pizza stone without failure.
- It is made of acacia wood which gives it a smooth and elegant appearance
- The paddle is large enough to fit your pizzas yet compact so that you can control it easily
- The edges of the paddle have been tapered so that you can smoothly slide it under your pizza crust
- The handle will stay cool when it is being used, ensuring that your hand are safe from the heat
- The thickness of the paddle has been carefully adjusted to prevent it from warping
- Since it is made of wood, it requires proper maintenance for it to last a long time, for example, it has to be perfectly dried after us
If you are tired of taking care of a wooden pizza peel that requires high maintenance and you are looking for a more durable and heavy-duty pizza peel, then this might be the one that is the most suitable for you. Washed in a dishwasher, saving you from all the time and effort you would otherwise have to spend on gently hand-cleaning the peel.
Another unique feature of this Pizza peel comes with a long handle and if it is not foldable, it can take up a large space on your kitchen counter or drawer, making it a cumbersome tool, which will not be the case with this innovatively designed pizza peel.
The handle on this peel also comes with a hole at its end, which means you can hang it on the wall if you wish to and allow it to dry. To provide you with a firm yet comfortable grip, the handle is covered in rubber, which also ensures that the handle will stay cool during the baking process and will keep your hand safe from the heat.
Compared to wooden paddles, the edges of this steel pizza peel are much thinner, which allows it to smoothly slide under even the thinnest pizza crust without causing any damage to the pizza. The sturdy handle and the paddle are also attached at an angle that gives you greater control over the movement of the pizza peel, which makes it easy for even a beginner to make great pizzas.
- It is made of stainless steel which makes it more durable and easy to maintain than wooden pizza peels
- The handle can be folded back on the paddle which allows it to be stored in a very compact size
- The edges of the paddle are very thin, which makes it easier to swoop up your pizzas
- The handle is covered in rubber, which gives you a comfortable grip and stays cool during the baking process
- The handle has a hole at its end for it to be hanged on the wall
It’s no secret that pizza peels take up significant space in your kitchen, especially if you’re making full-sized pies. But if you’ve caught the homemade pizza big and you’re tight on space, all is not lost. You can unscrew the knob and rotate the handle down over the head of the peel for compact storage. Just be sure to screw it back down after you extend it for use to ensure the peel doesn’t wobble at all.
One downside is that it’s not dishwasher safe, so you’ll have to wash it by hand. But the removable handle comes in handy here too. You can take it off to minimize the amount of water the wood is exposed to and prolong its lifespan.
Compact, handle folds down for storage, the handle is removable for cleaning
Limits you to 12-inch pizzas, not dishwasher safe
If you’re cooking in a backyard pizza oven, these other short-handled peels simply aren’t going to cut it. You’ll need a professional-style long-handled peel to safely get your pizzas in and out of a ripping hot pizza oven.
The American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel features a 14-by-16-inch thin aluminum blade that easily slides under your baked goods. And here are three wooden handle lengths to choose from 14 inches, 23 inches, and 40 inches. So, whether you’re using a traditional oven or a large brick oven, there’s a size that works for you.
Metal pizza peels tend to handle raw pizzas a bit worse than wooden ones and are more prone to sticking, so add a fair amount of cornmeal or flour to the blade to ensure your uncooked pizza can slide off onto the stone. The simple round wooden handle allows for good grip and dexterity if you need to rotate your pizza while cooking. Afterward, the peel can be cleaned by hand with warm water and a mild detergent.
Requires plenty of flour to smoothly unload raw dough, may be hard to store
aluminum paddle and a handle made of pine wood that would not disappoint you. This peel has the added advantage of being very lightweight which enables even a person with less physical strength to use it with ease. The aluminum paddle has thin edges which help it to smoothly go under pizzas and swoop the pizza up and take it into or out of the oven.
since aluminum requires low maintenance than wood, it is a suitable baking tool for anyone who wants less hassle involved with cleaning up. The uniqueness of this pizza peel lies in its elegant wooden handle, which is joined with the paddle by a wooden knob. The handle can be folded back onto the paddle, by loosening the knob, which saves a lot of space when the peel is not in use.
When the pizza peels need to be used, the handle can be straightened out and the knob can be used to tightly screw the handle in its position. The handle also has a hole in its end through which you can hang the paddle on the wall if you wish to.
- The handle is made of pine wood which gives it an elegant appearance
- The handle can be folded back onto the paddle when the peel is not being used, allowing it to be stored in a compact size
- The paddle has very thin edges which makes it easier for you to slide it under your pizza
- It is comparatively lightweight
- The handle will stay cool during the baking process giving you a comfortable grip and protecting your hand from the heat
- It has to be washed gently without using any harsh detergents
- It is not dishwasher safe
- If the wooden knob is not tightly screwed, the handle might be unstable when the pizza peel is i
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made from light and durable anodized aluminum, it protects...
- BANLANCE DESIGN: Easily slides under pizza, stromboli pizza, bread, and...
- FLEXIBLE HEAD FOR A SCRAPER EFFECT: Pizza peel perforated allow you to use...
- INSULATED SILICONE HANDLE: For further ease of use,each professional pizza...
- LOVE IT OR MONEY BACK ALL DEPENDS ON YOU: We are confident that this...
- Sturdy, durable, and lightweight basswood with a fine, even texture ensures...
- Wood peels feature a tapered half-inch blade designed to easily slide...
- Smooth even texture keeps peels free of secreting oils that make their way...
- Available in various lengths and sizes; Hand wash only peels are simple and...
- Perfect for lifting pizzas, cakes, bread, cupcakes or muffin pans out of...
- 🍕PREMIUM MATERIAL:Pizza turning peel made of high-strength aluminum and...
- 🍕Well-designed size: The metal pizza peel has a pizza paddle diameter of...
- 🍕PERFORATED DESIGN：Pizza turning peel great perforated design helps...
- 🍕PERFECT GIFT:The ratio between the diameter of the pizza spatula and...
- 🍕ORDER TODAY, RISK FREE-We love our customers! Our mission is to bring...
- MADE OF BAMBOO: The healthy eating is the topic we often hear and talk...
- MULTI-PURPOSE FUNCTIONALITY: Our premium bamboo wooden pizza peel and...
- EASY GRIP HANDLE: Contoured handle is beveled for comfortable,and easy...
- PERFECT SIZE: LERMX pizza peel is the perfect size and length for your home...
- PREMIUM SERVICE: LERMX comes with 180-DAY worry-free service (REPLACEMENT...
- Perforated head: Pizza peel perforated allow you to use less cornmeal or...
- The round shape long-handle pizza shovel is made from hard commercial grade...
- Shovel is suitable for home and professional use.necessary tools for making...
- Prior to use, peels are often sprinkled with flour, cornmeal, or milled...
- User-friendly kitchen tools:This metal turning pizza peel is a excellent...
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Factors To Be Considered Before Buying A Pizza Peel
Pizza spatula can be made of various types of wood including bamboo. They also come in aluminum and stainless steel. Stainless steel and Aluminum pizza peels can be washed just like any other daily kitchen utensil. Prices vary but not by much. Pizza peels can range from $11.99 to $30.00 which makes them affordable for basically all budgets.
It truly does come down to considering which material you are most comfortable cooking with when choosing your pizza peel. Stainless Steel Pizza Peel With Folding Handle by a checkered chef has a 4 & 1/2 star amazon customer review rating and currently retails for $19.76.
The stainless steel pizza peel by a checkered chef has many uses, it is great for indoor and outdoor pizza ovens and as an extra-large turner for barbecues. It can also be used for lifting cakes, pies, and tarts. It is made with a comfortable grip rubber handle.
The American Metalcraft pizza peel has a 4 & 1/2 star amazon customer review rating and is available in three different sizes. The 12″W x 35″L pizza peel retails for $16.12. The 12″W x 52″L pizza peel retails for $18.28 and the 25.8″W x 12″L retails for $14.44. The blade is stainless steel and American Metalcraft is a product of the USA.
Ironwood Gourmet Pizza Peel – Acacia Wood. This wood pizza peel has a 4 & 1/2 star amazon customer review rating and currently retails for $29.99. It is 14×14 inches in size. This pizza peel is made from gorgeous acacia wood, known for its unique and natural contrasting patterns, and has a slanted edge allowing for easy scooping up and sliding off of the pizza.
The acacia wood pizza peels handle is sturdy and has a wider base. This gives a secure grip that helps to reduce slips. To remove any bumps that may form on the board, buff the area with fine grain sandpaper. Coat your board with butcher’s block oil and allow it to sit at least one hour prior to use.
Utopia Kitchen Bamboo Wood Pizza Peel is a #1 new release item on amazon and currently is retailing for $11.99. This bamboo wood is designed to look good and it has a razor edge to ensure that the peeler cuts through bread with ease. The handle is large enough to fit your hand while you handle bread or pizza. This bamboo peeler requires specific care instructions.
Do not soak the peeler in water; wash it with mild soap and running water before drying it off with a soft cloth. Stainless Steel Pizza Peel With Wooden And Folding Handle by Bakelite currently retails for $14.99 and has a 4-star amazon customer review rating. This pizza peeler is 100% stainless steel.
It has a fine-crafted smooth wooden handle, thin paddle blade for effortless sliding, extra-long for safety. This pizza peeler is very versatile, it will work outside on BBQ grills and indoors for any kind of baked foods. Pizza, bread, tarts, pies, or even cakes.
The handle folds for easy storage and you just wash it with warm soapy water to get it clean. Bakelite products come with a lifetime money-back guarantee retails for $29.90 and is made of a non-stick nano-ceramic coating.
The Aluminum base has an FDA-approved nano-ceramic no Teflon or PBA coating with excellent release properties. The Mountain Woods Gourmet Acacia Hardwood Pizza Peel has a 4 & 1/2 star amazon customer review rating.
It currently retails for $16.95. It is 13″x 18″ and can also be used as a cutting board and a serving tray. This ideal paddle-shaped server for pizza has a beveled edge that slips easily under the pizza crust.
The handle keeps fingers away from extreme heat. It is made of plantation-grown acacia hardwood. It currently has a 4 & 1/2 star amazon customer review rating and retails for $18.43. It is about 1/4 inch thick and has a beveled edge which makes it easy to slip underneath a pizza.
New Star Foodservice 26-Inch Aluminum Pizza Peeler with Wooden Handle has a 4 & 1/2 star amazon customer review rating and retails for $16.95. It is made from durable anodized aluminum and natural solid wood and its aluminum blade have tapered edges to easily slide under the pizza.
The materials that are usually used to construct pizza peels are wood and metal. It is up to your personal preference and the features you are looking for in your pizza peels that will determine which material will be the best for you since both wood and metal have their individual strengths and weaknesses.
What it means is that you can serve your pizza on the pizza peels to your guests and it would not appear awkward or inappropriate whereas you might want to transfer the pizza onto a more presentable plate before you serve it to the guests in case of a metallic peel.
However, wooden pizza peels require high maintenance and have to be completely dried after they have been washed. You also have to clean them carefully by hand washing and making sure that you do not use any harsh detergents on the delicate wood. On the other hand, metallic peels such as the ones made of aluminum or steel are easier to use for beginners since they have a very thin paddle and it is easier to slide them underneath your pizza. The metallic ones also tend to be lighter than the wooden ones, making them more user-friendly tools that you can easily maneuver.
The shape of the paddle is important because it will determine how easy it is to swoop up your pizzas or to transfer it to the oven. The shape of the paddle can be divided into round or rectangular types, and depending on the size and shape of your oven and which shape you feel comfortable with, you can decide which shape is more suitable for you. If you are going for a wooden peel, then make sure that the edges are tapered or slanted, which will make it easier for you to slide the paddle under your pizza.
The length of the handle is an important factor that can help you narrow down your options when it comes to choosing the right pizza peels. If the handle is too short, then it will be hard for you to reach into the deepest parts of your oven especially if your oven is a large one. However, a handle that is too long is not good either since it will become a cumbersome tool to move around in your kitchen.
Whether you are going for wooden or metallic pizza peels, the handle should be made of a material that remains cool during the cooking process so that it keeps your hand safe from the high temperatures of the oven.
Another aspect of the handle is whether it is foldable. Can fold back onto the paddle when the pizza peel is not in use, which allows it to be stored in a compact size.
After you have carefully assessed the features and functions you are looking for in your pizza peels, you can compare it with the products that we have listed in this article and you will surely find the one that is the perfect one for you.
Once you have the best pizza peels in your kitchen, you are ready to start baking delicious pizzas with your favorite toppings and enjoy it with your friends and family.
hello. I’m Sara Hossain. I’m 24 years old. right now I’m a master’s student. I love to cook.this is why I create this website.on my website you can find out everything about pizza. I think you will benefit a lot to know about pizza and pizza accessories.